The Embassy of India, Washington DC issues Equivalence Certificate to students based only in its area of jurisdiction ( The jurisdiction of the Embassy of India in Washington DC comprises of the states of Bermuda, Delaware, District of Columbia, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia. Applicants from these states only may apply at the Embassy of India, Washington DC. Others have to apply at their respective Consulate General of India ) who are currently studying in the United States School System and are transferring to India to continue their education. The certificate is issued to students up to Grade 12.
The following documents may be submitted to the Embassy for issuing the Equivalence
1. A request from the Parent/Guardian for issue of the certificate addressed to the Counsellor (S&T), Embassy of India, 2107 Massachusetts AVE NW, Washington DC 20008
2. A notarized copy of the School Transcript / Report card.
3. A notarized copy of the High School Diploma certificate for students who have completed the 12 th Grade.
4. A letter from the school, confirming the child’s enrolment in that school.
5. A notarized copy of the student’s passport showing personal particulars and validity of visa and
6. A US stamped self addressed envelope.
Chancery Address: 2107 Massachusetts Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20008
Consular Wing Address: 2536 Massachusetts Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20008 Disclaimer: The Embassy is not responsible for the information or content provided in any of the external links given in its Website.